Steampunk Horse

When I found this toy horse at a flea market, I thought, “this would be easy peasy to turn into a Steampunk horse”, boy was I wrong.  I met my “waterloo” when I tackled this.  But I am very pleased with the final outcome.  The horse originally was spotted so I painted and inked it to make it look like old leather.  The horse has been decorated with brads, metal jewelry, clock key and metal bits & bots.  He is mounted on a wooden frame that has been painted to look like aged copper the wheels are tin from an old tin car and the handle is a rusted piece of metal with a cute silver bead.

We have been working hard in anticapation of our upcoming Weekend In the Country show  in September 28 & 29, Davisburg MI.  More items to come.

Mayfair Lady

Mayfair Lady

Wonderful old Mayfair Tea Tin. Black tin with orange lettering. Her bodice is a small clay pot that has been hand painted and her hat is an old brass tea strainer. The tin has ben decorated with faux pearls. Her collar is green paper that has been decorated with small orange bells.  Her head is a faux pumpkin handpainted by Connie Carpenter, the hair is raffia.

Lunker King donated to our Ray Of Hope Relay for Life Team

I came up with the idea for this gourd because of my wonderful brother-in-law Raymond who loves to fish and is currently battling cancer. I wanted to try to make a fisherman themed gourd to donate it to Our Ray of Life Team in hopes they could raffle it and make some money for the team. I started out by trying to find a wooden fishing boat and the ideas just came from there. I had help from the Great Connie and my husband. Connie painted his wonderful face and my husband suggested the case of Busch beer for the boat.
Connie did the fish and the case of Busch. His head is a faux pumpkin, his hair is made from fishing skirts his crown is plastic and fish hooks, he has a collar made from a faucet handle, his body is a piece of chair rail and he has a medal that says “Lifetime Member North American Fishing” which I bought at a flea market. His cape is made from cotton and trimmed with rubber lures. The boat also contains red & white plastic bobbers and there is a part of a lure that was used to give the allusion of a boat motor hanging on the back of the boat. I have to thank my husband for allowing me to scavenge around in his tackle box.
This was a lot of fun to make and we raised $75.00 for our Relay Team.